November 30, 2011

In all things God works for the good of those who love Him

There are times when I look at my life and the world around me and wonder how it all works out. But I remember that I am not the one in control of the things around me at all. Sometimes I have a hard time knowing down in my heart that God is in control of all things, especially when I am irritated, frustrated, angry or hurt. Sometimes knowing that God is in control is merely a head knowledge, but where does that get me? -- Just feeling worse off than when I started, because the only way I can have comfort and solace is by knowing it in my heart as well.

As scripture says, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those He predestined He also called; those He called, He also justified; those He justified, He also Glorified." Romans 8:28-30

Since in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, I have no reason to worry or be anxious or frustrated or hurt about anything that happens or may happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment