November 30, 2011

Rejoice

Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

In this world, we have an adversary--named Satan-- and he loves to wreck havoc. Satan's main goal is to keep people from coming to Christ and getting to know God. In the last couple of days, I have been dealing with this in regards to my family, especially my parents. Neither my dad nor step-mom are Christian, and me visiting them would be an opportunity for God to reach out to them using me to do so. So Satan whispered to them, reminding them of my past sins against them, and my dad played the "I don't trust you because of past behavior" card, which is essentially the "unforgiveness" card. One of my roommates read this scripture the other night and is reminded me that I need to not worry or be anxious about is, because God is in control. If we trust and rejoice in God and His promises, then there is absolutely no reason to be anxious.

No comments:

Post a Comment