January 11, 2011

New Years

I left Job Corps a month and a day ago on December 10. I stopped covering the following day. I think partly it was because of the roommates I have--two of them are not Christian and wouldn't understand. I know that this particular reason is not really something I should use as the basis of my decision; nor should I have used having gone home for Christmas as a reason either despite the fact I know that my family wouldn't have understood either. One of my resolutions was to start covering my hair again, but I still have not done it now eleven days into the new year (I think for the first reason I gave about the roommates.)
There were four of us in my group of friends that left Job Corps: me, Jesseka, Carmen, and Simon. I am staying, as of currently, in Seaside, OR, which is about 15 miles south of Astoria. Jesseka went back to Yakima, WA with her parents and younger siblings and is going to school at Yakima Valley Community College. Carmen moved back to Portland, OR with her parents, and is going to Portland Community College. Simon is in Warrenton, OR with his parents. He's staying with them until he gets a job and can move into an apartment. If I can find a job, I might share a two bedroom apartment with Simon to help with the costs of living, but with the way things are going at this point, I'm not even sure whether I'll be staying in the area.
While I was home for Christmas, my dad told me that if things didn't work out down here that I could move back up with him and my step-mom. That is if I go to school anyway. I'm thinking that might not be a bad idea; if I can't get a job by the end of the quarter, I may just go back to Snohomish, WA with my parents.
I just have to pray about it and listen to what my Heavenly Father has to say, none else matters. He is my provision and leader, and I will follow where He leads. But for right now I am retaking Math 111 (college algebra) because I didn't get an official grade--I got a "Z" and I'm not exactly sure what that means.

No comments:

Post a Comment