April 19, 2010

Life

While I was falling asleep last night, I got to thinking about how amazing living organisms are. I took cell biology last quarter and learned a lot about how individual cells work and make up living organisms. God is truly creative and exact in His work. And to think that people believe that there is no creator and that this world and everything on it are here by mere chance. Things are too complicated to not be created by a supreme being who wants a relationship with each one of us. For me, knowing how our bodies work strengthens my faith and concretes the idea of a personal God even more.
Human cells are comprised of a membrane, cytoplasm, organelles and DNA. The membrane is made up of phospholipids or fat, proteins and carbohydrates. The phospholipid part allows certain things through it both in and out of the cell. What the phospholipid part cannot let through, the protein channels pull through.

No comments:

Post a Comment